Friday, July 19, 2013

week 25 winners

Here's @sparklymeg's answers to the judgey questions.


1.What is the best piece of writing advice you’ve been given? 
Write what you know, and sometimes all you need is one word to get you started. I love flashfics for this reason.


 2. The first and last books you fell in love with? 
The first has to be the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S Lewis. Just magical. The last is one called Before I go to Sleep by S.J Watson. Absolutely gripping and unputdownable - the author attended a creative writing class and this debut best seller was the result - anyone can do it!


3. What are you listening to right now?
I'm listening to Biffy Clyro's "Opposites" Album - where I got this weeks prompt. I'm kinda late to the party with these guys, but they are rocking my world right now


4. There's a rubber stamp mark on your hand. What does it say?
"Destination: Anywhere"


5. Suppose you could travel to any place in time and history. When and where are you going?
I'd go back to the 60's . great music, great fashion, great love! 







This was really difficult - all such amazing entries. I am so proud of the immense talent there is within our little community! They were all absolutely fantastic and it was a difficult decision. It was really interesting to see such different interpretations of the prompt. In the end I went with the ones I kept coming back to and that made my heart beat fast!! Well done everyone!


@sandyqill - Inside you, not just beside you - so very true. I wonder how many out there settle for someone beside them? 

@Shneezles - And I didn't see THAT coming :( it's too late for them.

@chocaholic - She is so empty that all she has to give him are skin cells? What happened to make her this way? I want more of this!

@everydaybella89 - This was so sad, all he remembered was her - beautiful imagery - and then a shred of hope at the end - he woke to her eyes! My heart soared!

@AnnaLund2011 - This one brought the tears. Heartbreaking.

@lellabeth - Sniff. This one is heartbreakingly beautiful, and excellent use of the imagery in the prompt.

@KekahJ - "He didn't buy it, and now he's gone." She is numb, a shell of a person - so really, did HE deserve better? I need more of this!

@GeekChic12FF - *sobs* who is the shadow? I hope she lets go, he will be waiting for her. I need more of this!!!

@TiramiSue84 - Such conviction in his belief that she deserves better. Really beautiful and sad words.

@bebginja - You go girl!  This was sad, and it sucked for her, but a lipstick note? Oh yeah.

@Twilightladies1 - Absolutely beautiful. Despair, frantic, then the hope. He couldn't risk it! I was giddy. I could feel it all. I'm sobbing.

@CrackedFic - Poor little guy. Loved the poetry. Why did he have to do it without help? I need more of this!

@hummingbirdFF - I have shivers. Is he dead or did he leave? So beautifully sad, yet there's a victory there in her realisation. She thinks she's been trying to move on, yet his belongings still in her room tell another story. Even at 3a.m. she knows what she needs to do to start moving on.

@bigblueboat & @TiramiSue84 - Poor guy :( I could feel his despair, see him throwing back the Scotch. His acceptance is clear,yet heartbreaking.

@ChocoMG2112 -
Wow! This was really weird and different! Who is The Man? Ghost? Vampire? Demon? I want more of this!


@PinkCookie - Nice to see a different take on what goes through someones head when their partner is dying.

@boomboom_jones - Heartbreaking! Anger, despair, that feeling of the injustice of it all, like how dare he? "You sliced me in half. I can't breathe." So sad.

@bigblueboat - This one broke my heart. Like really, really. Shattered. There was no hope here. They already lost their child, how will he/she cope with losing their partner too?.

@hummingbirdFF - Wow! I liked that little twist! The idea of 2 different sides of one person. How many of us put on a facade like this? Really thought provoking.

@femme_mal - Leaving the house in a perfect state. Labels facing outward? This makes me think of OCD and an abusive relationship. She is running, getting away?? I need to know more.


HONOURABLE MENTIONS: @AnnaLund2011, @hummingbirdFF

SECOND PLACE: @bigblueboat

FIRST PLACE: @Twilightladies1


....


Congratulations @Twilightladies1!

Thank you to @sparklymeg for judging, and to everyone who participated.

See you next week.







No comments:

Post a Comment