Friday, July 12, 2013

Week 24 winners

Here are @QuinnSkylark's answers to my judgey questions:


1. What is the best piece of writing advice you’ve been given?
Write what you know, and write what you want to read. Also, become your characters.


2. The first and last books you fell in love with?
First: Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell (names my daughter for Scarlett!)Last: Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen (I didn't get into Austen until I was older)


3. What are you listening to right now?
That's almost impossible to answer. My husband is a music publisher, so he has all kinds of bands that he asks me to listen to. BUT, I'll have to go with...


Roniit "Lost at Sea"
(Remember to buy this music from the artists. Please don't download illegally or use Spotify or Pandora unless you pay for them.)


4. There's a rubber stamp mark on your hand. What does it say?
Super MVF Optimistic Bitch ;P


5. Suppose you could travel to any place in time and history. When and where are you going?
I'm going with 1947 New York City. I want to experience the 40s instead of just write about them.









That was way too damn hard...


@LouiseClark75 -- Did she cheat? Such a cliffie! Nooo!

@AnnaLund2011 -- "She roared, and the Twenties roared back." SO awesome!

@TinsleyWarren -- oooh. This could be it's own story. I wonder what will happen?

@sparklymeg -- Amazing way to bring the prompts together! 

@shadesofpurple4 -- I love when women are the power-players. Excellent!!!

@PinkCookie -- Amelia Earhart! Awesome way to add her in! Didn't see that coming!

@Shneezles -- Wow... I love the perceptive. Very interesting to read. Are the girls lovers? 

@twilightladies1 -- It's emotionally torn, yet so peaceful at the end. Loves this a lot!

@sandyquill -- "I'd wager you're not a bathtub gin kind of girl.."
Love how this represents the 20's. Excellent! 

@lellabeth -- "Your lips taste like redemption." Such a powerful way to put it! Great!

@bigblueboat -- so eloquent. Beautiful!

@KekahJ "...she makes him complete." I feel that this is what true love is. Perfect representation. You'd do Fitzgerald proud! 

@magtwi78 -- I love the "she knows she's better than this..." Kind of takes a spin on the quote. Great idea!

@hummingbirdFF -- GIRL POWER! Wonderful poem!

@ChocoMG2122 -- Excellente utilisation du Français! 

@bebeginja -- emotional, year-jerking! So wonderful. 

@PinkCookie -- I think this was a great way to use the prompt, and was cracking up over the seltzer water!

@Aleeab4u -- love the sisters names and the way they act together. Wonderfully written!

@adriftinmyhead -- ooooh. Love the foreboding mention of the Titanic! Different decade, but TOTALLY great way to throw it in! I felt like I was there with them.


This was a terribly hard decision. Everyone used my prompts wonderfully. 

In the end, I chose:

Honorable Mention: @AnnaLund2011, @Aleeab4u

2nd place: @sandyquill

1st place: @sparklymeg

Good work! That was really tough. You all rocked my socks! Wonderfully done!

Quinn



...


Congratulations @sparklymeg!

Thank you to @QuinnSkylark for judging, and to everyone who participated.

See you next week.




P.S. The last few weeks, there have been a few entries arriving after midnight EDST. I love these entries, I love that you're writing and be inspired. Just a reminder that they won't make it to the judge, though :)



No comments:

Post a Comment