Friday, September 13, 2013

week 33 winners

Here are @GeekChic12FF's answers to the judgey questions:


1. What is the best piece of writing advice you’ve been given?
Write first. Edit later.

2. The first and last books you fell in love with?
The first would have to be Charlotte’s Web. The latest would be Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell.

3. What's happening outside the nearest window?
A bunny is hanging out in my yard. I think it lives here now. It’s always there, being chased by my gigantic dog when I let her out. Poor bunny.

4. There's a rubber stamp mark on your hand. What does it say?
Mommy needs a break

5. Suppose you could travel to any place in time and history. When and where are you going?
This is a tough question because women were so undervalued in much of the past. If I had to choose, I’d probably say the fifties because you didn’t have to be stick thin to be considered beautiful. Although I’m a terrible housekeeper, so it probably wouldn’t go so well for me.
If it’s just for a glimpse or a moment and not to live, I think it would have been cool to go to Studio 54 in its prime.








Thank you all so much for your lovely words. It was amazing to see what you could do with these prompts, and I am in awe of your talent. Truly.

It was so tough for me to choose the winners because you all did such a wonderful job.


@midnightsun_1901 - HONORABLE MENTION - Wow. So poignant. Don’t let opportunities slip away. No regrets. Lovely.

@moonlit__girl - Oh, this makes my heart so sad for her. I think most of us have been there, watching someone we care about with someone else. That kind of courage would be wonderful to have indeed.

@AnnaLund2011 - Oh, no. This was so hopeful and beautiful, and then...disappointment. I loved the way you describe the feelings of linking hands with someone you love. Beautiful.

@adriftinmyhead - So very sweet. Seems like he was waiting for her to make a move all along.

@sandyquill - SECOND PLACE - Stunning. Such a powerful story in so few words. I’m in awe.

@MadiMerek - The cadence of this was beautiful, and I could feel this person’s pain. Wonderful.

@ltlerthqak - You captured this moment so well. That overwhelming need to just connect with the person you’re longing for. Well done.

@bebeginja - HONORABLE MENTION - The first two sentences drew me in instantly. They ring so true, and my heart is heavy for these two who will be separated before they seem to have had the chance to be together. I hope he comes back and finds his courage to tell her.

@sparklymeg - Wow, I felt that kiss in my chest. I felt so happy for her. It started out so sad, and you described her loneliness perfectly. I would love to see more of this.

@everydaybella89 - *clutches heart* I imagine there were many letters like this sent from men at war. Quite a lonely feeling indeed. I do hope he’s home soon.

@CrackedFic - FIRST PLACE - This had me smiling so big and laughing at the end (I even did a fist pump). Just perfect.

@hummingbirdff & @bigblueboat - I could definitely feel her frustration and was so glad at the end that he wasn’t actually gone permanently. The relief was sweet.

@femme_mal - ‘her lips touching the finest hairs on the skin of his earlobe, sending tickling ripples of heat down to his crotch.’ Love that line. It made me so happy when these two were reunited.

@Shneezles - This was just wonderful. I love the descriptions of his hugs, kisses, and touches. And I love how you captured how powerful it is to hold hands with the person you love.

Pinkcookie - Ha. So unexpected. Sounds like revenge will be sweet for her. Makes me wonder how he treated her.

@ChocoMG2112 - I had to go back and reread this, catching little things on the second pass. Her pain is palpable, and my heart just breaks for her.

@hummingbirdff - HONORABLE MENTION - Ouch. Probably the smart thing to do, but ouch. I love the way this was structured. So much story in so few words.

@jacndaniel - THIRD PLACE - You captured her pain so eloquently. The beginning about taking his hand for granted was just lovely. So heartbreaking.

@TinsleyWarren - So sweet. Tracking her down at a speed-dating event was a bold move. Glad it worked. :)


...

Congratulations @CrackedFic!

Thank you to @GeekChic12FF for judging, and to everyone who participated.

See you next week.


No comments:

Post a Comment