Sunday, September 8, 2013

week 32 winners

Here are PinkCookie's answers to my judgey questions.


1. What is the best piece of writing advice you’ve been given?
That my writing should flow and be effortless for the reader to follow.

 2. The first and last books you fell in love with?

First:  Robinson Crusoe by Daniel Defoe.  I read it at a young age and was mesmerized by the adventure, danger and ingenuity of Robinson.  And when he first saw the human footprint, it was just so exciting!  I remember turning those pages long into the night.  I think this book sparked by love of literature.  My older sister gave me the book and I remember being thrilled that it was my first real hard-copy book. 
Last:  Linda Castillo’s ‘Silence Series’ …  Sworn to Silence; Pray for Silence; Breaking Silence… These books contain so many secrets that get slowly uncovered and always have a surprise ending.  Really entertaining, good beach reads (and I live at the beach!).
3. What's happening outside the nearest window?
A single thirty-something guy lives next door and he surfs and/or rides his bike almost every day.  He just got back from surfing and is standing on his back porch (which is directly adjacent to my family room sliding glass doors!) wringing out his t-shirt.  He is tall, dark-haired, easy on the eyes, and has wash-board abs that you could literally do your laundry on!  And, his name is Max.  I know!  Yes, I oogle him shamelessly.  Good thing my sliding glass doors are tinted so he can't see in!  I do hate rainy days when he can't surf!  Oh yeah, my black and white cat is walking around like a princess surveying her kingdom.   

4. There's a rubber stamp mark on your hand. What does it say?
NO REST FOR THE WICKED

5. Suppose you could travel to any place in time and history. When and where are you going? 
I need my creature comforts, so I can't go too far back in time!  I think I'd go back to London in the 60's and be a flower child.  Sounds fun to me.  Plus I love 60's music.







From PinkCookie: 

Hi there all you flashers!  Thank you so much for your great stories.  I enjoyed each and every one.  I loved seeing all your different writing styles and viewpoints.  It was gut-wrenching to pick a winner, but I know that is what everyone looks forward to.  (I know I was thrilled with my first win!)  Writing these 200 word stories is so much fun; I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.  And a big, big thanks to Shell for all her hard work in maintaining the blog for us!  Congratulations to all on some fun stories!  See you next Thursday!  Pinkcookie


@midnightsun1901 - This made me flash back to my own honeymoon.  We went to Bermuda, and since it is a very small island, it was hard to get lost, but we managed to do so.  On the other hand, getting lost anywhere in Bermuda is fun...especially on your honeymoon (wink, wink).  Thanks for bringing back a happy (naughty) memory!


@SerendipitousMC - Ah, the beginning of a flirtation -- in a most contentious situation.  I wonder how they’ll get along (argue) later at the pub?

@everydaybella89 - Wow, this is a real argument between my usual loving Edward and Bella!  I didn’t know they had it in them, but you did!

@AnnaLund2011 - SECOND PLACE:  Wow, I feel like I’ve been in this car before!  Everybody must do the same song and dance when they travel because this is sooo familiar.  Wonderful job on using both prompts. 


@Aleeab4u -  Oooh la la!  I wouldn't mind getting lost if it always had an ending this hot!  I love it when a man has a plan!

@magtwi78 -  Travel can definitely give one hope for the future and restore the power of love.  When you’ve supported someone you love through a devastating illness, travel can be a wonderful curative.  

@Viridian6 - HONORABLE MENTION:  Yeah!  A journey doesn’t have to be long to be an adventure and filled with love! This was so fun, so sweet.  

@moonlit__girl - Yes!  Sometimes the gems you uncover while traveling are the very best thing about your trip.

@Shneezles - Yep!  Traveling to visit in-laws can certainly create some synergy between partners!  Been here, done this!  Too funny!  


@ChocoMG2112 - Wow!  Stuff like this never happens to me when I travel (thank goodness, I don’t like me any ghosties, spirits, or unnatural surprises). 


@GeekChic12FF - WINNER!  Truly inspired.  I gasped, I laughed...what more do you want in a flashfic?  I loved the flow of the story and the realistic dialogue.  Great job. So right on point to both prompts.

@hummingbirdff - This spoke very clearly to the quote prompt.  Sometimes a journey can take place in the soul.  Loved the part about the “fingers run over the indentations of your writing.”


@Alesoflyy - Liked this one a lot.  I love it when Edward and Bella get frisky!


....


Congratulations @GeekChic12FF!

Thank you to PinkCookie for judging, and to everyone who participated.

See you all next week.


 






No comments:

Post a Comment