Friday, June 21, 2013

week 21 winners

Here are @BoomBoom_Jones' answers to my judgey questions.


1. What is the best piece of writing advice you’ve been given? 
Stop second guessing yourself. (Even though I still do)

2. The first and last books you fell in love with? 
First would probably be Charlotte's Web - I wanted to be Fern and have my own pig, but I probably wouldn't have named it Wilbur. The last book I fell in love with was Between Shades of Grey by Ruta Sepetys. It's a YA novel, historical fiction, and even though there is a thin thread of a love story that runs through it, the main character is amazingly strong considering her circumstances, which is what kept me reading. 

3. What's happening outside the nearest window?
It's overcast, a little cool, and business as usual for the birds and squirrels. Our house backs to a thicket of woods - literally right up to the deck - so it's all green and nature-y. :)

4. There's a rubber stamp mark on your hand. What does it say?
Can I have a couple? I'm kind of moody. Mostly it would say: There are too many voices inside my head.

5. Suppose you could travel to any place in time and history. When and where are you going?
This one is easy. I'd go back to the 80's and tell my younger self many, many things. One thing in particular, "Don't go out with that guy. The other one is much nicer."








Shell, thank you very much for giving us this playground each and every week. It's a lot of fun and quite addicting, not to mention you've provided the opportunity to interact with some great people.
 
Writers - why are all of you so good? This was really hard and to be honest I'd be okay with not having to do this again! lol Thanks to everyone for submitting your words and sharing your amazing talent. Hope to write alongside all of you next week.
 
 
 
First: @BedeliaJane
I came back to this one several times. It was this line that got me: "He smiles, and oh, God. What could be bigger than us?" So palpable. Also the way you set up the scene and mood - perfect. I could easily see the town and feel them. It hurts but there'll be a reunion, some day. At least I'm counting on one. Thanks so much for writing.
 
Second: @VampsHaveLaws
There isn't much more I can say about this other than how gorgeous it is. I'm still aching. You took me back to those moments of being utterly besotted yet so unsure. The first two paragraphs? Gah. Angsty nostalgia at its finest.  Thank you so much for writing.
 
Honourable Mention: @GeekChic12FF
Because he really loves his spirited girl. I was big smiles at the end and honestly would love to read more about these two. Yes, yes??? Thank you for writing!
 
Honourable Mention: @CrackedFic
Love how this one is so different and raw and unapologetic. Thank you for writing!
 
Honourable Mention: @bigblueboat
You stepped outside the box, twisting the prompt into something I'd never imagined. Thank you for writing!


...


Congratulations @BedeliaJane!

Thank you to @BoomBoom_Jones for judging and to everyone who participated.

See you next week.



No comments:

Post a Comment